Sunday, July 20, 2014

ALERT! ALERT! English translator’s bias ALERT!



Whenever the Hebrew Name of God, YHWH, appears with the Hebrew for “to my lord/master” [l’adoni] in the same verse it is rendered as: “LORD” [YHWH] & “to my lord/master” [lower case “l”] respectively:

1 Samuel 24:6
[David] said to his men, "The LORD forbid that I should do this thing to my lord [King Saul], the LORD's anointed, to put out my hand against him, seeing he is the LORD's anointed."

1 Samuel 25:28
“Please forgive the trespass of your servant [Abigail]. For the LORD will certainly make my lord [David] a sure house, because my lord [David] is fighting the battles of the LORD, and evil shall not be found in you so long as you live.”

1 Samuel 25:30-31
“And when the LORD has done to my lord [David] according to all the good that he has spoken concerning you and has appointed you prince over Israel, this will not cause grief or a troubled heart to my lord [David], both by having shed blood without cause and by my lord [David] having avenged himself. When the LORD deals well with my lord [David], then remember your maidservant [Abigail]."

2 Samuel 4:8
 [Rekab and Baanah, the sons of Rimmon the Beerothite] said to the king [David], "Here is the head of Ish-bosheth, the son of Saul, your enemy, who sought your life. The LORD has avenged my lord [David] the king this day on Saul and on his offspring."

1 Kings 18:13
Has it not been told my lord [King Ahab] what I did when Jezebel killed the prophets of the LORD, how I hid a hundred men of the LORD's prophets by fifties in a cave and fed them with bread and water?

1 Chronicles 21:3
But Joab said, "May the LORD add to his people a hundred times as many as they are! Are they not, my lord the king [David], all of them my lord's servants? Why then should my lord [King David] require this? Why should it be a cause of guilt for Israel?"

The EXCEPTION, Ps. 110.1, where it is invariably MISTRANSLATED as:

“The LORD [YHWH] said to my Lord [l’adoni, capital “L”].

1 comment: